* LIFE *

A place to let go,coverse, chat, gossip,just being real because that is what LIFE is all about... Yeah yeahh just be Honest and speak your mind cause someone is listening or I should say "reading"

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Flash backs

I found my self today thinking about the good the old days of childhood. I was remembering just how exciting it was to anticipate holidays and family functions. Or the anticipation of getting a new toy, clothes, or stuff. For some of us nerd I will include school supplies hahaha... I know how that used to make me feel. I remember that I could never sleep every eve of some social event. The end of Ramadan and Eid and christening and in-house family weddings. I was always so excited that I thought the break of dawn would never arrive. I remember my heart pumping so hard every time I thought about my new outfit that mom had brought home from the tailor. The shoes, and accessories. By the eve of the function I would already have had my hair done and I would be wearing a scarf so that I didn't mess up my Hair.(smiling really big and shaking my head)
I remember my sister and younger brother would stay up talking about what we will do with our presents. Because social function always were massive at our house. Lots and lots of guests. Can you just imagine how much mischief we could get away with. Because of the size and the mass we could always say that it was some other kid that did it.
That got me thinking how being grown up really sucks. Because you learn to be formal always thinking about being perfect. Not doing or saying anything that would sound stupid. So we keep so much to our self instead of sharing our thoughts to others.
Plus "grown ups" always talk about responsibilities and responsibilities and forget living. Because really really living would be considered as shying away from our responsibilities. Then one day we wake up and ask 'what in the world happened?' When did I go wrong?
I hope that I would never ask myself that in the future. I hope that I will live life to its fullest and have no regrets of everything and anything that I ever do. I hope the same for you guys :)
Do you remember? What were the most special time of being really young? If you could do the things you did when you were young what would those be? What do you miss the most?
I want details people. So come on people share your self with us ;)

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home