* LIFE *

A place to let go,coverse, chat, gossip,just being real because that is what LIFE is all about... Yeah yeahh just be Honest and speak your mind cause someone is listening or I should say "reading"

Friday, October 07, 2005

WEIRD

Last night after the evening prayers, I was thinking to myself I need to get out the house for an hour. So I went driving around town and endedup somehow at Walt-Mart. I went in and was just walking around the store as you guys know this store is open 24/7 and this one is the super center. So, I was just walking and came by the books section just by curiosity I picked up this book called "Dinner with the perfect stranger" I developed the habit of not reading the back of the book before I read a book so as I looked around I saw a bench in the store for exausted shoppers to take a break. I went seat down and started reading. Man the book was very interesting at 1st so I kept reading til about the next two chapters when things started to sound crazy. Just to summerized the whole thing; it was about a guy that received a dinner invitation from a stranger at a very high scale Italian restaurant and since the invitation didn't have a name he was battling with himself wether to go or not. But he finaly decided to go and check it out. But what was weird was after he got there the stranger introduce himself as Jesus of Nazareth ( that was the 1st crazy part) and then went on discussing how Christianity was the only true religion. And went to find what was wrong with Hinduism, Islam, Buddah, and Hebrew way. Anyway when they were discussing some facts about Islam it got me mad a little bit that I wanted to just close the book and say who does he think he is to talk like that. But I reminded myself that God said that everyone has the right to have their own opinion on their faith. So I said this will be a good learning curve, I went on reading the book til the end. Wich took me about 2 hours. Anyway so the man had dinner with Jesus and that Jesus said that he was God himself. That he is the one that went thru all the suffering for the humanity...
So the man asked Jesus why him? and Jesus respond remember when you were young and your mom had divorce your father and you loved you father so much that you coudln't understand why would I do something like that? and you ask me to come and tel you why this happened? and that if this was my "God" plan. And he went on and said I have been planning this dinner for a long time. I am glad you came. this part was after the whole dinner part was over and they were saying goodbye in the parking lot.
God asked him if he had another piece of paper to right something down for him. He gave him his business card and Jesus or God wrote something the back of it and put it in his jacket pocket.
When he got home and found the note that Jesus gave him it read Revelations 3:20 so he went and looked and found a Bible and went to chapter 3 verse 20 and it said: If I remember correctly:
"Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me."

So that was my night last night, I got back home the words still in my head. So I took the Koran to my room and started reading. I just wanted that talk out of my head.
I read until I couldn't open my eyes anymore wich was around 1:30am and close the book and went to sleep.
A very succesful business man had told me just when I went to Richmond VA, couple of weekend ago;your success in life the next five years will be determined by the people you associate with and the books you read.
I was just wondering where this book fall in that? But I just though that was "Ican't come up with a word"....

What do u guys think? Would you have read the book til the end?

5 Comments:

  • At 2:34 AM, October 08, 2005, Blogger The Stallion said…

    I don't like reading at all, so I would not have picked up that book! I have books in my room that I want to read but I usually start reading the first few pages and that's it for me!

    On a different note, may I ask what kind of business the man you talked to was into? The words he said were very familiar!

     
  • At 3:05 PM, October 08, 2005, Blogger Unknown said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 3:09 PM, October 08, 2005, Blogger Unknown said…

    the stallion I was told if you read 1 page a night before you go to sleep "don't go to the next one even if you up to it, it will be dangerous" just one page for 21 days you will develop the habit ;)

    The man owns several franchises including Hotels and stuff. He actually just bought a Huge company that does Stem Cell research among other things.

     
  • At 2:26 AM, October 09, 2005, Blogger The Stallion said…

    Hmmm, I'll try it but won't make any promises!

     
  • At 5:37 PM, October 10, 2005, Blogger Unknown said…

    stallion don't say try, just do it. 'cause I know you can.

    deedee tel me about it. I wouldn't stayed up trying to clear my head.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home