* LIFE *

A place to let go,coverse, chat, gossip,just being real because that is what LIFE is all about... Yeah yeahh just be Honest and speak your mind cause someone is listening or I should say "reading"

Sunday, March 05, 2006

So embarrassing


Yesterday I finely got a chance to take my car to the shop for an oil change. When I got there the guy asked me if I had at least an hour to wait for it to be done. And my reply was " that is about all the time I have to get it done. Just an hour, please do not let it go over I have to be somewhere. He says no problem not over 1hour just sign here and wait in the room. He was really cool.
So I sat in the waiting area . There was only guys in the room, so before I started reading my book, I said hello and some small talk and then that was it; they carried on with whatever conversation they were having.
After 20 minutes the Tech comes in the room and said "Miss, your almost didn't have any oil in you car. We only had about 2 oz taken out. That is not good miss. When was the last time you had the oil changed?
Me: Uhhh, I can't remember.( have a very sad face) and the Tech says " well you are suppose to do it every 3000 miles or 3 months whichever comes 1st"
Me: I know, I know it's just that that uhhhh I don't know. The Tech goes " this is bad"
Me: I am sorry? I just didn't have time that's all. Then he said well just make sure to keep track this time. I am saying this because this is very bad for your car. Me "thank you very much. I will pay attention this time"
After he left, I looked around every body was staring at me. I go: I know I am suppose to get the oil changed. But I just lost track of time. Every body started giving me advice on how I should really be careful not to do it again. That I may get stranded on a deserted road without help. I just listened and said thank you.
But Gosh, I was so embarrassed its not even funny. I was thinking on what they might think of me. You know, that I probably don't have the common sense how to take care of my car. Which they are probably right judging by this incident.
Any ways I couldn't not wait to get out there. While lounging today I remembered the whole thing, and just started laughing. I really wanted to choke that Tech though for making me feel stupid.

But then I know that I deserved it. So....

9 Comments:

  • At 10:13 PM, March 05, 2006, Blogger Naqiba said…

    Diamon..you wont believe the same exact thing happened to me this weekend!! Except it was my grandfather that checked my oil...and he yelled at me for 20 min straight!! Jeez!! I have to do better too!! haha...so don't feel bad...you are not alone!!

     
  • At 1:56 AM, March 06, 2006, Blogger The Stallion said…

    I hope you don't take your car to Jiify Lube! They aren't good at all!

    As for an oil change, you cannot use the "I don't have time" or "I forgot" to do it cause once you run out of oil in your car the engine will stop working and then you have to either:

    A) get a new engine
    B) get a new/used car

    probable B cause you can get another car for the price of a new engine!

    Luckily for me I don't have to take my car in for it's service till I reach 12000KM which is approx. 7500 miles!

     
  • At 9:50 AM, March 07, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    redemption Wow, unbelievable. I guess I should feel lucky that I didn't get yelled at for 20 min. But then again if it was my grandfather I just ignore him anyways. Just act like am listening. ;)

    the stallion No, I went to Firestone don't know if they are any better.
    I said I was sorry :))
    As for option A or B I was actually planning on getting another car by the end of this year or early next year. You are right though I can't let it stop working right now I still need some time to get me a new car.
    Lucky you, I wish I was cruising around with brand spanking new BMW.
    And 7500 miles works for me I wish they would change the rule to that.

     
  • At 11:43 PM, March 07, 2006, Blogger The Stallion said…

    I didn't get the BMW! I got a Range Rover!

     
  • At 10:45 AM, March 08, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    Oops, my bad.

    I thought you were getting a BMW. still I love to be in a brand new car right now :)

     
  • At 1:21 PM, March 11, 2006, Blogger Rimyoleta said…

    tsk tsk tsk Bad girl:P
    you pay more attention to your car miss:P

     
  • At 9:02 PM, March 12, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    rimyoleta I know ^
    I will next time, promise ;)

     
  • At 11:12 AM, March 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If I were in your shoes, I would say "Oh really? SHOOT ME!" it's my car afterall! ma baddil dehenha a7reg'ha afajjirha KAAAAAAAAAIFIIIIIIIIII

     
  • At 12:17 AM, April 26, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

Post a Comment

<< Home