* LIFE *

A place to let go,coverse, chat, gossip,just being real because that is what LIFE is all about... Yeah yeahh just be Honest and speak your mind cause someone is listening or I should say "reading"

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Seeing the show RENT live on Broadway!



Yesterday I had a nice surprise. I was out with a friend and he wouldn't tell me where we were going. He kept saying it's a surprise.






After a 15 min drive we were in the middle of downtown Columbus.
We parked and then started walking back toward Broad Street. Finely he says I sure hope you like it because I just now got worry if it's something you would be interested in.
I asked what is it? He said I am taking you to see a Musical.

Yeah, we went to see the show RENT Live on Broadway at the Columbus Palace Theatre. The room was packed. All the seats were sold out.
The show was supposed to start at 9:00 pm but it didn't because they were so many people and it took time to seat everybody according to the tickets and seating chart. We got to seat in one the boxes in the theatre which was really cool. Only 6 other people share it with us.
ACT ONE started at 9:20 pm and was a little over an hour long. Everything was so amazing. I was so in the play that I could feel all the emotions that the cast were playing.
They took a break for a few minutes.
Then ACT TWO began around 10:40 PM and lasted until 11:30 PM
Getting out there proved more difficult. Because there were 2800 people that came to see the show and we were parked on the 2nd floor, I guess I shouldn't complain since the parking garage had 8 floors.
From there we went to the Nationwide District Arena to get a late dinner but we missed the last call by 2 minutes. So we ended up going to Applebee's instead.
It was really nice. I got home around 2:00 in the morning and was "Texting" (can I say that?) my Cousin till I feel asleep. Funny thing is the last SMS I got was around 3 AM but I answered it this morning at 8:00 when I rolled around then went back to sleep.

The picture on the side is the actual Theatre. It's suppose to be over 100 years old. After the show I was wondering how many people have sat in the very spot I sat in. And what kind persons were they?
You can't see the boxes where we sat in because they are mid height and on the side.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home