* LIFE *

A place to let go,coverse, chat, gossip,just being real because that is what LIFE is all about... Yeah yeahh just be Honest and speak your mind cause someone is listening or I should say "reading"

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Week End

Humn lets see... Saturday: Was really busy thought nothing fun in particular. Just running around town doing some errands. Actually I was out visiting several dealership looking for a car.
And was passing thru Broad St later in the day on Saturday when I saw lots of car parked around Franklin Park. Looking closely to the posters I found it was an Asian Festival happening during the weekend. I tried to go but was unable to make it there the same day.
Plus Saturday night I was suppose to a party that the"sisters" had organized but I decided to stay home and take an early night. Needless to say my date was pretty pissed off I stood him out. But oh well a person can only do so much in a day. He understood when I explain my day.

Sunday: I woke up around 11:00AM went downstairs to see what was cooking in the kitchen. I found my mom fixing brunch. After we said good morning she sent me to go buy some fresh bread. I go there and the store owner was doing a barbecue outside the shop. He gave me a plate and gave me the bread for free to take home. Got home and had some food with my mom. And a friend of hers called to tell me about a car that she found that I might like. So we went and picked her up and drove to the dealer and looked at the car. It was okay not my 1st choice though.

Remembered the Asian Festival, called my cousin and her friend to meet me at Franklin Park to attend the festival. It was lot of fun to see so many different things from different countries. There was so much happening that you could possibly seen everything. I regretted not coming the day before. Franklin Park is Hughes so walking from this side to the other end was a job in itself. And they was several activities happening in different areas. Lets not forget the Food Court was inviting. With lots of traditional dishes from several part of Asia.
We went to see the Indian, Japan, Laos, Philippines dances and so many others were scheduled but we moved on to see other things.
Looking at several booths to see the art and learn more about those places. Then we headed back to the Amphitheatre were they had several groups come and perform.
Laid a blanket had our drinks and snacks over and just chilled under the trees enjoying the atmosphere and ambiance.
On closing they had Indian guys come and do the "Panjah" dance if I remember correctly.
At the end they called for audience participation so I vonlunteered to be part of it. Almost more than 60 peoples were included in the dance.
They ended the evening early since it was Sunday which was around 6 or 7PM.
Went directly to my cousins house and had dinner and acted a fool for a while. Then we got ready to go the club . We started the night at a club in the North side called "The Obvious". It was a pleasant evening we got couple of drinks. One was called "Sex on the Beach" (the virgin version) I liked it.
Then my cousin got a call from her friend who was at a different club in Downtown Columbus and said the club was banging over there. So we left and went to Long Street that is the name of the club. When we got there the line was almost a mile long. We decided to skip the line. Which cost $20 bucks per head. It was 6 of us and 2 other friends totaling 8. Can you just imagine, and then another $10 to get in the club. Hopefully it didn't burned a whole in the packet of the guy that paid :/
Like her friend had said the club was on fire full force. I was almost in awe how people dance nowadays. It's more like sex on the dance floor. But what can I say I joined in. Got home around 3:00am and passed out.

Monday: My cousin Aby woke me at 8:30am telling me not to forget about our appointment to get our nails done. So got up after a meek hours of sleep by the time I got ready I heard the bell. So we went got our nails done and on our way back we decided to have a cook out at my house. Called my nieces and few other friends and invited them for the Barbecue. By 4PM in the afternoon we had a full house. We I should say a full back yard. Went and bought some fresh meat, veggies, drinks, got the stereo out playing some music.
We just hang out and solved all the worlds problems between 4PM and 9PM. Since I was wise enough to use paper plates and stuff there was no cleaning needed after everyone left. Finely settle down on the sofa and enjoyed my book for a couple of hours before I went to bed.
Left out some of the things that happened but you got some of the highlights.
Busy and long weekend!