* LIFE *

A place to let go,coverse, chat, gossip,just being real because that is what LIFE is all about... Yeah yeahh just be Honest and speak your mind cause someone is listening or I should say "reading"

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Week End: College / Party

I wasn't supposed to have much of a weekend this week because I was schedule to work both Saturday and Sunday. All that changed....

My cousin "H" is a member of the "African Youth League" at the OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY, and yesterday was the 16 th annual anniversary since the program has been put to place.
She had invited some of the family to attend. I got off work at 2:00 PM , went to pick up my mom and did some grocery shopping and headed home to get ready because the party was to start at 5:30 PM.

Left my house at exactly 5:30 PM to go and pick up my cousin who was at the other end of the campus. I get there and found my other cousin and a mutual friend of ours still getting ready. I am rushing so we can leave I didn't want them to be late. Since both of them were going to be part of the Fashion Show.
We finely made it there around 6:10 pm.
Luckily we didn't miss anything because from 5:30 thru 7:00 there were serving food and getting guests seating and everything.

They started the show at 7:30PM. First they had the opening... Then three guys performed on stage. After that was the Fashion Show which my cousins were absolutely beautiful in there traditional ensembles. Because it was the African Night they had several students model for different countries in Africa. Men and Women attire.
Then they had people from each part of the continents do a traditional dance. A very respected College professor came in and gave a speech. (which was incredible)
The whole set was so amazing never a doll moment. You know with Africans you can never expect things to run smoothly there is always someone that brings disorder to the plans. I guess that's what make us unique in that sense. Always having fun and acting crazy and spontaneous.

At the end they had a very funny play with a good lesson incorporated. All the students came back out and did a final dance then they cut the cake. I am not very big on sweets but I must say that cake was DELICIOUS! Mmmm. By that times it was passed Midnight. Then they announce that there was an After Party happening at a different location.


So we are in the parking lot trying to decide if we should go to the after party or not. It was 5 of my cousins, a friend, and moi. By the time we came to an agreement to go the party we had lost one of my cousin. She had snuck out on us and went to see the Divenci Code with her boyfriend.

We got to the party around 1:30 AM the place was packed. And since it was mostly college students so there was lots of alcohol and plenty of beer cans. That didn't really impress us much since none of us drink anyways. But we really did have fun at the party. Danced and danced and danced and just had plenty of fun.

The funny thing was the whole afternoon my cousins were asking me if I was drunk or something because I was acting up. But you know, I had decided that I was going to forget "proper" or "class" or anything else. Plus I had a very strong natural HIGH and was enjoying it. The great thing was the fact that they were having as much fun with me acting silly by the stuffs I was saying or doing. Which worked out perfectly.


Didn't get home until 4:00 AM and when we left; the party was still going strong. God I was so tired plus I had to go work the next morning. So, I hurried up and made it in my bed by 4:15.
It was the most amazing feeling in the world. (sigh) Yeahh I kissed my pillow and passed out.

I am still trying to decide what to do with Sunday night since I am off Monday .

4 Comments:

  • At 5:18 PM, May 21, 2006, Blogger Nunu-San said…

    I'm glad you had fun!! And I know this "kissing the pillow n pass out" is such an amazing feeling!!

     
  • At 12:59 AM, May 22, 2006, Blogger The Stallion said…

    Seemed like you had fun! Now I miss my school's fashion shows! I used to wear my national attire and once I actually helped a friend out by dancing with her group to persion music! :oP
    As for the party, I miss those! Too bad we can't party here like we did back in the US of A!
    Regarding Sunday, have the same people throw another party! :oP

     
  • At 11:33 AM, May 22, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    NuNu Thanks girl!
    I know, I think I fall in love with my bed and pillow when I am that tired.

    the stallion Yes it was great. We had lots of fun.
    Now I am trying to picture you dancing in my head :o)
    I missed the shool days too: no responsibility but to your studies the rest is plan out your freetimes and parties to attend.
    Now a repeat of that would be fun. :oP

     
  • At 4:28 PM, March 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Looking for information and found it at this great site... 3 d subaru logo all about car wax

     

Post a Comment

<< Home