* LIFE *

A place to let go,coverse, chat, gossip,just being real because that is what LIFE is all about... Yeah yeahh just be Honest and speak your mind cause someone is listening or I should say "reading"

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Braces = Diet for 2 years

My dentist wanted me to go and see an orthodontist. Who made some preliminaries post treatment. He said that I don't really have a bad bite but if I want to I could get treatment to have a perfect alignment of my theeths.
Anyways, to make a long story short: I have been wearing braces for the past 3 weeks.
Thank God for whoever invented the clear braces. I automatically chose to have the clear braces even though it cost a lot more than the regular one.
It still shows a little but not as bad as the metal braces. Another good side is that I am forced into a strict diet if I want don't want to spend so much money on replacing every brackets that break for not following the proper diet. Meaning eating only soft food and liquid.
My new best friends:
- Soup
- Baked potato and sour cream ( I love it)
- Jello
- Pudding
- Grits
- Liquids (meal replacement shakes, protein shake, coffee, tea, hot chocolate)
Absolutely NO Soft drinks. Very bad when you have braces, well they said high sugar contents. I guess you could add my last three beverages.
- spaghetti
- Cut to pieces Pizza (that's not too fun)
I don't know what else. If you have any suggestion what I can add to my menu for the next two years. I'll love you extra! :oP
But here is the difference between regular metal braces and clear braces:

Pretty amazing huh?

I haven't started to crave anything yet. Yeah, I said "YET" cuz I know it's just a matter of time.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • At 11:48 PM, November 03, 2006, Blogger The Stallion said…

    It might be just a matter of time before I get braces put on me but I'm not sure!

     
  • At 11:54 AM, November 06, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    the stallion If you think you need them, you might want to do them as soon as possible.
    The longer you wait the less years you'll enjoy your perfect smile!
    "at least that's what I kept telling myself when I was deciding if I should or not have braces"
    Now it's just countdown.
    I can't wait to see how it will look when I remove them.

     
  • At 3:28 PM, November 06, 2006, Blogger Peony said…

    i had braces for a year & a half... & i actually enjoyed them! Hope yours would be enjoyable ;p but stay away from gum & fruit gums!! actually, any chewy candy ;p

     
  • At 5:06 AM, November 07, 2006, Blogger phoenix said…

    You got through 3 weeks of not craving.. I know you can keep it for a while longer!!

     
  • At 10:43 AM, November 07, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    peony Welcome!
    I think I am going to enjoy my braces too :0) My orthodontist gave me pictures of what could happen to my braces with certain food,gum and caramel were all part of the "Do not Touch" club!

    phoenix I hope so honey :o)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home